Wickham Celebration Herky
Wickham Elementary has a large Herky dressed up like a wizard prominently displayed near the entry of our school. In years past we offered families the option to rent Herky for a day to display a message of celebration (birthday, half birthday, sporting event, holiday, etc.) for your student. We ask for a $10 donation for each day that you reserve to serve as a fundraiser for PTO.
We are excited to bring back this fun tradition with a few procedure changes that ensure we are following Iowa City Community Schools COVID policy.
To Reserve the Celebration Herky:
1. Reserve your date by signing up via this SignUp Genius.
2. On the school day before your reservation (For example: If you have a Monday reserved, drop the poster board off on Friday) drop a 22 x 28 poster board off at the school office. The poster board may be decorated with your message and any other decorations you would like to include. THIS POSTERBOARD WILL NOT BE RETURNED. DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT BACK. Standard poster boards may be purchased at several local retailers (Target, Walgreens, Michael's, etc).
3. Wickham office staff will place your poster board in front of Herky on the morning of your reservation.
4. At the end of the school day janitorial staff will recycle the poster board.
PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS AREA OF THE SIGN-UP GENIUS SO WE KNOW WHO HAS RESERVED HERKY FOR THAT DAY.
Payment can be made at https://www.wickhampto.org/store or a check can be left in the office. This is a suggested donation but the PTO wants everyone interested to participate. If the donation amount prohibits participation, please just sign up. Payment will not be demanded.
If you have questions, please contact the PTO at [email protected]
- No profane words, symbols or derogatory or offensive messages will be permitted.
- We realize there may be multiple students with the same birthday--Sign Up will be first-come-first-served. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Summer birthday? Celebrate a half-birthday. Birthday on a day with no school? Reserve a day before or after.