2019-2020 Wickham Birthday Herky
Wickham Elementary Birthday Herky
The Wickham Elementary Birthday Herky is a fun way to display a birthday message to your student. For a pre-paid $10 rental fee (proceeds to the school PTO) the Birthday Herky can be reserved for your child’s special day. PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS AREA SO WE KNOW WHO HAS RESERVED HERKY FOR THAT DAY.
Payment can be made at https://www.wickhampto.org/store or a check can be left in the office. This is a suggested donation but the PTO wants everyone interested to participate. If the donation amount prohibits participation, please just sign up. Payment will not be demanded.
Rules of Birthday Herky:
If you have questions, please contact the PTO at [email protected]
- There will be a magnetic, Dry-erase board placed in front of the Herky in the school's entryway. The person that signs up can decorate this board however they would like to celebrate a student's birthday. Balloons, streamers, and other decorations may be placed around Herky (BUT NOTHING CAN BE ATTACHED TO HERKY).
- The board can be taken home or decorated in the hall of the school. The person who signs up can take the board/decorate at the school the day before your reservation from 3:15 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. (ex: You reserve for 5/19. You may decorate or take the board after 3:15 p.m. on 5/18). The board may be returned or can be decorated in the hall starting at 7a.m. the day of the reservation.
- Board will be erased and decorations disposed of at the end of the school day.
- Decorator provides all supplies needed (everything must be disposable- all items will be disposed of at the end of the school day).
- Keep area around Herky clean and neat while decorating.
- The board and Herky are meant to convey birthday messages but can also be used to promote positive celebrations for a group (such as sports teams or scouts).
- No profane words, symbols or derogatory or offensive messages will be permitted.
- We realize there may be multiple students with the same birthday--Sign Up will be first come-first serve. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Summer birthday? Celebrate a half-birthday. Birthday on a day with no school? reserve a day before or after.