Get pumped for one of the highlights of the annual McK Fun Fest-- the Cake Walk (featuring cakes submitted in the Cake Decorating Contest) and Bake Sale!!! This year's Fun Fest theme is Winter Wonderland, so cakes should be designed with that theme in mind.
2nd through 5th Graders: Bring your decorated cake for the contest on Friday, January 24th by 9am to the conference room across from the library.
Cakes for the cake contest should be decorated by the students. Parents may ONLY assist, but students must do as much as possible . . . be creative and incorporate the Fun Fest theme!
- Cakes must frosted and on a disposable plate or cardboard (13X9 aluminum pans with covers are great)
- Cakes must be wrapped in plastic wrap if they don’t come with a cover (ideas to lift the plastic off of your cake and not ruin the design- toothpicks, plastic utensils, straws, lollipop sticks)
- Your child’s name, your teacher’s name/grade and the type of cake should be clearly marked on the container. We need this information to track for the prizes below.
- Cakes for the cake contest must be at school by 9:00 a.m. on Jan. 24th (in the conference room across from the library). Cakes for the cake walk (not participating in the cake contest on Friday morning) can be delivered on Saturday morning by 10:00am in the cafeteria.
Prizes for 2nd-5th graders
- Winners of the decorating contest get 20 tickets for the Fun Fest. There will be one winner per grade.
- Extra recess for the class that has the highest rate of participation!
FUN FEST BAKE SALE- WE NEED YOUR HELP!
SATURDAY, January 25th (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
***Everyone is encouraged to participate***
We’ll offer your contributions for sale at our bake sale during the Fun Fest
Bake Sale – Saturday, January 25th
- Cakes and baked goods can be homemade or bought.
- All contributions should be individually wrapped in plastic or baggies and labeled.
- Please note if there are nuts in the item or if they are gluten or dairy-free.
- Your name and your teacher’s name should accompany your contribution. We need this information to track for the prize below.
- Donations can be brought on Friday (1/24) to the conference room across from the library by 9:00am or Saturday morning (1/25) to the cafeteria by 10:00am. The earlier, the better!
PRIZE for Kindergarten and 1st Grade
- The class with the highest rate of participation will get an extra recess so bake away!
If you have any questions, or would like to help, please contact Stacy Leff at [email protected] or 240-305-5635.
7:00am - 9:00am EST
Conference room across from library