St. Francis PA
Room Parent role and responsibilities 2021-2022:
1. Point of connection between the families, teacher and Parent Association:
- Communicate class needs with the PA.
- Communicate information from the PA to families as requested.
- Communicate information from the teacher to families and the PA as needed.
2. Coordinate ONE thank you project from your class (typically small notes or artwork from students) that can be displayed in the staff room during your grade level’s assigned month as part of a PA Teacher Appreciation Lunch. More guidance will be provided.
3. Teacher Appreciation Week: Help to coordinate either one or a few small teacher appreciation projects throughout Teacher Appreciation Week. Detailed guidance and assistance will be provided.
4. Help to coordinate in class celebrations. This need and what it will look like this year will vary by teacher and may change as current health and safety guidance may change throughout the school year. Teachers may prefer to do this on their own.
- Communicate with the teacher to learn exactly what it is they want and need.
- Organize volunteers to bring supplies/snacks. (upon request of teacher)
- Help create fun activities for students. (upon request of teacher)
*VOLUNTEERING FOR THIS ROLE FULFILLS YOUR GENERAL VOLUNTEER HOURS REQUIREMENT*
Important Note: All classroom volunteers need to have a current background check, safe environment training AND vaccination card on file.
We look forwad to working with you and supporting you in this role!
Jaime Knowles | PA Teacher Appreciation & Room Parent Coordinator @ [email protected]
Caroline Toy | PA Teacher Appreciation & Room Parent Coordinator @ [email protected]
PLEASE SELECT YOUR CHILD'S HOMEROOM TEACHER TO SIGNUP!!!
|| STFOA Parents Association