Indivisible Evanston Voter Registrar Group
Welcome Voter Registrars,
This is the site that we will be using to schedule volunteers for many of the events. We hope that you find it easy to use.
Here are some details to remember:
1. Peggy will try to enter a contact name for each event. If you are the person who is signed up for the first time slot or the only person signed up, you will want to touch base with that contact person in order to know where to set up. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
2. Tables, table banners and signs as well as registration forms (motor voter and yellow deputy registrar forms) are stored at Peggy's and Barb's homes. They can be picked up prior to the event by emailing or texting Peggy or Barb (see contact info. below) at least one day prior to the event. Arrangements will be made for pick up. Following the event, all materials should be returned to the respective house in the same location where it was picked up.
3. Please bring your own ball point pens, clipboards (especially if you are going to be roaming in a crowd), and wear your voter registration T-shirt if you have one.
4. One person from each time slot should take the completed voter registration forms to the Evanston Civic Center City Clerk's office. So if you are scheduled for an event for 2 hours with another person, one of you should take the completed forms to the clerks office. If it is more convenient, you could also go to the courthouse on Old Orchard and deliver to the Clerk's office there. Try to turn those around within 48 hours of the event.
5. Finally, don't forget that registrars cannot voice any partisan opinions. You want to remain neutral in the face of any political comments.
Contact information: Peggy: [email protected], (847)687-4398
Barb: [email protected], (847) 431-0228
Thank you for volunteering!
Peggy and Barb
|| Margaret McCarthy