Providence House Assisted Living
Providence House Visitation
Phase 3 Re-Opening – Revised Visitation Policy (7/11)
Phase 3 guidelines now allow for in-unit visitation provided safety, care, and infection control measures continue to be taken. Please note the following NEW guidelines:
- A resident who is suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 cannot be visited.
- A resident may be visited if: the resident has recovered from COVID-19 or the resident has been quarantined after a recent hospital stay and is not suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19.
- We will continue to screen visitors for fever (equal to or greater than 100.0F) and, for any symptoms of COVID-19 infection. Asymptomatic visitors will continue to be asked if they have been in contact with someone known or suspected to be COVID+ in the past 48 hours.
- In-unit visits will be allowed as long as the visitor and resident follow the 6 feet of distance rule; is not shared between unrelated individuals; and, windows can be opened for ventilation.
- Staff will escort the visitor to and from the resident’s unit to ensure visitors do not stop in common areas or other residents’ units. Indoor visits are not permitted in any indoor common space.
- Length of visit will be one hour
- Visits can be scheduled via our website providencehouseassistedliving.com. If unable to schedule on our website, please reach out to our reception team to schedule.
- 2 visitors are permitted at visit and only 5 families will be allowed to visit within the community within each time slot.
- Hand hygiene should be done before and after the visit
- All visitors that may develop signs of COVID within 48 hours after their visit are requested to inform the wellness department.
- Visits will happen 7 days per week from the hours of 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Additionally, visits will be Thursdays from 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Please note that Beechwood visitations will be restricted to one family of two persons maximum per time slot.
We ask that you schedule your visit for once per week to allow all families the opportunity to visit. If you would like an additional visit within the week, please reach out to the reception team.
A few important additions:
- If family members arrive early, they will need to come back at their scheduled time.
- If family members arrive without scheduling a visit, we will try and schedule them to the next available hour time slot and ask then to return at that time. However, if all time slots are filled that day, we will ask that you schedule a time slot on the next available day and ask you to return then.
- Family members should wait outside, in their car, or return at their specific time. Family members are not allowed to wait in the lobby for their scheduled visit time.
Any individual who enters our community and develops signs and symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgia, chills, or new onset loss of smell or taste within two (2) days after exiting the apartment or designated outdoor space must immediately notify the community of the date they were in the residence, the individuals they were in contact with, and the locations within the community they visited.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!