Project Hawai’i, Inc. Mau'i Jr. Leaders
Mahalo for wishing to provide a workshop for our jr. leader program! Opening their minds and teaching them the skills they need to succeed in school and with their peers is the most important aspect of these workshops.
We are open to allowing your to share your talents/passions and introduce them to ways to find their own ways to cope, learn, socialize, etc. Being homeless is hard enough, being in middle school is also the most challenging time of a child's life, and put that altogher with their own lack of social skills makes these BOYS lives so unique.
Samples of what we are looking to provide:
- Social behavior/dealing with negative peers
- Mindset Training/Meditation
- Healthy Living
- Sports/Activities (we do have access to bikes, so we could do a bike ride)
- Art/Art as Therapy
- Music/Culture Activities
- Fishing Trip
HOW TO SIGN UP TO HOST A WORKSHOP WITH OUR YOUTH:
- Email me with your outline/summary of instruction. Please name your workshop and describe what supplies are also being used. Please remember these are boys, and have limited experience with a workshop setting.. .this program will need to be very hands on and active to work well.
- Choose your TIME SLOT you would like to provide your workshop. (2-3 hour timeframe/all openings are scheduled 3 hours, but you can put a note if you wish to do less)
You will need to provide all supplies needed for your workshop. We are in a vacation rental and do not have access to supplies. Due to covid we are limited to 4-6 boys (will update by May 10th).
You will also need to provide a healthy snack for our boys. Fresh fruit, granola bars, yogurt, etc is fine.
At this time all workshops are scheduled to be in our rental facility unless you have a space/area that is better fit for the project you are working with them. We are located in Kihei area
|| Project Hawai'i Maui