Project Hawai’i, Inc. Summer Camp
aloha and welcome to Project Hawai’i, Inc. summer camp for Big Island.
We are seeking volunteers to prepare and bring our campers their lunches or snacks during our Adventure's Abound Day camp. You are helping to nourish our little one's as they learn and grow throughout our summer programs.
Volunteers who wish to participate will provide the lunch or snack and deliver to the location stated. Once you choose the date, we will send the exact location. Each lunch needs to be all made as individual packages to be passed out for the children. We need 48 individual lunches/snacks
LUNCH ITEMS: To be delivered at 11:30 a.m.
- Main item can be a sandwich (no mayo due to the heat), if you are choosing to make a finger food item instead, please include a protein /carb item
- Veggie or Fruit sticks/cut portions for small hands. This means if for example it is an apple, please remove the core area of seeds and choking hazzards. A fruit cup is also acceptable.
- Snack item such as crackers, pudding cup, granola bar, etc. Healtheir choices,.... this means NO sugar based items... we will not give these to the children!!!
- A 100% juice box or an organic milk box is fine.
SNACK ITEMS: To be delivered between either 9:00a-10a or 12:00-12:30p :
Please choose one item PLUS one Drink item
- Each item needs to be individually wrapped/separately to hand to each child. It is okay to be creative, last year a woman made butter fly baggies with veggies on one side, and pretzels on the other with a pipecleaner to separe the wings. Our children do appreciate the fun in food!!
- Fruit or Veggie sticks/cut portions and remove any choking hazzards, such as the apple core, etc.
- Cheese or Peanutbutter and Crackers, granola bars, or other healtheir choice snack item.
- A 100% juice box or a organic milk carton
JR LEADER LUNCH/Beach Day. This can be a buffet style menu, or even BBQ on site. Food to feed 20 teens/leaders. The options to sign up will be individually listed. DROP OFF AT 11:30a.m.
- Main Dish, can be hot/casserole style, or individual protien items
- Side Dish such as a mac salad,
- Carb/depending on the main dish can be a roll or rice, etc.
- Fruit or Veggie tray/option, even cut watermelon/melons/oranges, etc.
- Dessert items can be cookies, or other individual sized items
- Drinks: Juice Boxes /Canned Juices are fine (we will have water bottles)
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
|| Magin Patrick