Community Kitchen Contact Leaders
Sharing Jesus' love - one meal at a time...
The Tree of Life Ministries Community Kitchen in Winchester provides a meal to our neighbors in need on a monthly basis and counts on dedicated volunteers to make it possible. Small groups of friends, families, neighbors, church groups, etc. come together and commit to providing and serving a meal to make this a success. Community helping community!
Please call or email with any questions you might have about this ministry-- and sign up!! Phone: 540-441-7920 or email: [email protected]
The Winchester Community Meal is served at the Salvation Army Shelter: 300 Fort Collier Road, Winchester, VA, 22603.
Thank you for blessing your community with your service!
Your group will be asked to help with set up and serving. Please arrive at the Salavation Army Shelter at 5:00 to help set up and have the meal "ready" to serve. There will be a ministry leader present to oversee and help facilitate the process. The meal is served from 6-7pm. You should be finished by 7:15, with many very grateful people blessed by all of your hard work
- The host group provides a meal of their choice. A meal includes main course, side dish(es) and dessert. Tree of Life (TOL) will provide the drinks, paper products, and serving utensils.
- Be prepared to serve about 40 - 50 people. Our numbers vary with time of year, weather, etc.
- Meals are to be prepared off site and brought to the Shelter warm. We have a warmer to keep the food hot for the duration of the meal.
- We will need around 6-7 volunteers from your group to help serve the food.
- Children are welcome to serve the meals with parent supervision. However, for safety reasons, we request that babies/small children are not brought to the kitchen.
- Please note your menu on the signup genius page, you may wish to refer to previous weeks menu items to avoid duplication.
Winchester Salvation Army
|| Jennifer Del Grande