Hello, Kensington Families!
We are in need of lunch monitors again this year and would appreaciate your help!
Like last year, we are asking that 10 volunteers sign up for each grade level's lunch time, rather than just signing up for one specific teacher. Volunteers are asked to monitor the flow into and out of the cafeteria, assist students in the lunch line, as well as at their tables while they are eating.
A duty-free lunch is when the teacher does not have to be in the cafeteria monitoring his/her class and they get the opportunity to enjoy a quiet lunch on their own.
Please read all of the important information below:
* You must be an approved UCPS volunteer
* Confirm the time that cleaning up/lining up starts for each class
* Pickup: the teacher will meet you in the cafeteria as the students are lining up
* Have teacher explain bathroom procedures during lunch
* Assist students in the lunch line
* Find out what students stay behind to assist with cleanup
* Music Rules: Students are NOT permitted to talk when the music is ON. Please make sure students are following this rule to ensure they are eating their lunch. When the music is off please make sure students are behaving appropriately.
* Ask how to handle students that are misbehaving and if any students are not permitted to sit together
* Ask if there are any food allergies
* Please do not bring siblings if you are volunteering for lunch duty
* Make sure there are NO nut products at any of the peanut-free tables
As we get closer to lunch coverage dates, if you see another grade is not fully covered, please consider signing up for that time slot, as well, if you are able. It is our goal that ALL grades have lunch coverage.
Thank you for your help!!
|| erin stephenson