Winter 2021 - 2022 Spirit Wear
We’d like to introduce you to the Storm Boosters “Fund Amazing Projects Initiative”.
- Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
- You will need to sign up for a mandatory alcohol training event to volunteer. Must be 18 and over. Students 15+ can volunteer as food runners.
- You are encouraged to sign up to your sport's designated spot, but can sign up for any slot.
Our athletic program has a bright future, but we do have a list of high-ticket items in need of being funded, i.e., lights on the baseball/softball fields, irrigation, and an additional activities minibus to name a few. We have a great opportunity to raise upwards of $100k this season via the Walnut Creek Volunteer Program. During the months of April through October, our Storm Boosters will run a fundraising opportunity to work a concessions stand during events held at Walnut Creek Amphitheater.
MORE ABOUT THE WALNUT CREEK CONCERT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Enjoy top-name artists while earning money to support WSHS Athletic Programs. The Summer Concert series at Walnut Creek draws thousands of attendees from April through October.
What to expect?
- Volunteers will be trained.
- Working times are generally 5 pm – 11 pm. We will need to staff a stand of at least 6 adults at each event. Parents should plan to bring their student-athlete with them to be food runners.
- Gate time – volunteers need to be there about 45 mins before the gate is open
- Walnut Creek is a cashless facility - taking cards
- Volunteers do not prepare the food except for nachos/cheese
- Meals already put together
- To be eligible to volunteer at Walnut Creek, you MUST complete a free alcohol awareness training (TEAM training) which consists of a single session lasting roughly 90 minutes. The training is valid for three years.
- The next TEAM trainings will occur March 9, 22 & 31 at 5:30 PM at RH Barringer Distributors in Raleigh and April 2nd at 10am. location Walnut Creek. Sports teams volunteering for concerts in April, May & June should plan to attend one of the trainings in March. Additional trainings will be offered later in the season and will be communicated.
More information with specifics will be communicated once volunteers have signed up. Emails will also be regularly sent out detailing events, needs, etc. These emails will be sent to the email accounts you provide via the Sign Up Genius as a part of volunteer registration. If you have specific questions, please send an email to [email protected].
This is an exciting opportunity for Willow Spring High School Athletics. Parental involvement is the key to establishing a tradition of successful support provided by the Booster Club. With strong parent and community involvement, we will continue to enhance WSHS athletic facilities, and we thank all of you for donating your time, talent, and resources to our school.
|| info willowspringstormboosters