Help an adult improve literacy skills:
AMWA is starting an adult literacy program for Rohingya families in June 2021.
Who can volunteer?
- Any female or male adult with the desire to help;
- Anyone who knows Urdu, Hindi, Burmese, Indonesian, Malay or Bengali;
- Teaching skills is a plus but not required;
Required: Smart phone with Whatsapp or iPad or PC/Laptop
How can you volunteer?
Consider being a volunteer if you are willing to do the following:
- Tutor at least twice a week for 1-hour session each;
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months or longer;
- Complete a 5-hour tutor pre-service training workshop and orientation in June;
- Participate in tutor in-service meetings throughout the year to reinforce your tutoring skills
How it works?
After completing training, a tutor is matched with an adult learner based on day/time availability.
Tutor will then be teaching the student ONLINE ONLY.
Zoom Class Coordinators (ZCC) also needed:
ZCC will be responsible for connecting the tutor to the student on zoom classroom. ZCC will try to help the students via phone but maybe required to go IN PERSON to help get them to zoom class. College students are encouraged to apply.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!