Platte Valley Players
2020 Children's Theater Performing on the Armory stage
April 3rd 7:00
April 4th 2:00
April 10th 7:00
April 11th 2:00 and 7:00
Music Man Kids for children in 1st through 4th/5th Grade
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr for children 5th grade through 9th Grade
Please note that 5th Graders will be assigned the respective show under directors discretion.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS INFORMATION
January 9th - 4:15-6:30
January 10th - 4:15-6:30
Audition Location - Brighton Rec Center 555 N 11th Avenue
Call Backs January 11 - 9:30-1:00 - We will not call back everyone, only a few kids. We will let you know the night of your audition by 8:30pm, and what time you need to be there. IF you do not get a text, please watch for the audition results.
Audition results will be posted January 13th by 8:00am. Each person will receive an email, so please make sure to provide a correct email. Please do not reach out to directors individually, if you have further questions, please respond via email.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING -
We will have our Parent meeting after our first rehearsal Jan 16, it will not be very long, but we like to reiterate our expectations and goals for all. And, we get to meet the amazing parents! Please plan to attend. Music Man Kids -- 5:45-6:15 Chitty -- 6:30-7:00
FOR AUDITIONS -- NEW THIS YEAR
Please come prepared:
1. Please prepare one of the included musical selections to sing. DROPBOX FOLDER There is a vocals selection to learn, and a non vocals selection to practice with. Please see the PDF/JPEG for the sheet music. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
2. Paperwork filled out: Here are the links for both forms. Please print out, and bring in with you. Review the calendar below for all the dates, so you know about conflicts.
- Audition Form -
- Parent Contract Form -
3. Please arrive 10 Min early to review paperwork, and get your picture taken.
4. We also have "sides" (parts of the script) that we will have them read from. These are located in the Dropbox folder as well. No need to print them out, we will have some to hold on to.. but bonus points for memorizing!
5. We will see you in the order that you arrive. Please be courteous to those around you when coming.
6. Only the children will be let into the audition room, if you have questions for the directors, please reach out via email prior to auditioning.
Rehearsals - Both groups will practice at the same time at the Brighton Adventist Academy on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Jan 16th. Kids show from from 4:15-5:45 and Jr Show from 4:45-6:30. We understand with the 27J schedule for middle and high school -- 4:45 will be a challenge, please write this down on your conflict list, so we can plan accordingly - this will not affect your part.. just to help for planning for the day.
We have Tech Rehearsals the week of March 31st this means every night at the Armory. These dates are required and no conflicts are allowed. You must be available to rehearse/perform on these dates.
ATTENDANCE -- Each person is vital to each rehearsal. We are unique and teach really fast, so each rehearsal is very important. If you are going to miss more than three rehearsals, we suggest that this might not be the best activity for you this year. If you are cast, and attendance becomes an issue, your child will be asked to sit out on the scenes/songs they miss. Our dance day is on Monday January 20, this is well in advance, please plan accordingly your family plans. We will have a great time this day!!
HERE IS THE CALENDAR IT WILL NOT CHANGE- CALENDAR -- Note the calendar is a Monday beginning of week.
There is a $80 fee if your child participates, and will be collected at the first rehearsal.
AGAIN THIS YEAR -- TECH POSITIONS
Maybe the onstage performing is not your thing, but you have the desire to learn the behind the scenes operations. We have opportunities in costume design, costume construction, lighting operators, stage mangers, mic technician, set and prop construction. If these interest your child, please email [email protected] for more information.
Due to the popularity of these shows, we will do our best to cast everyone, along with siblings. However, we will only be taking around 60 kids. This is due to the size of the stage, along with manageability among the teachers. This is the hardest thing for us directors to do, please be patient with us as we would love to give everyone the opportunity to learn and grow, but know we can only cast so many kids.
Best of luck! If you have any further questions please email -- [email protected]
Leslie, Brenna, Cindy and Jessica
Brighton Rec Center
|| Leslie Zirker