UCPS Driver Ed Spring Courses
Please note the location of the free, DMV vision screenings--PDC, 721 Brewer Drive Monroe, NC 28112. Future eye screenings will be offered in school buildings beginning again in October.
Health, order, and efficiency are of the utmost importance. You may only sign up for one (1) slot for a free, DMV eye screening if you participated in and successfully passed UCPS's recently offered, online final Driver Ed exam for the February, March, or April, 2020 Driver Ed courses and have the appropriate, completed paperwork. In addition, if you are ill; have a fever, chills, new cough, and/or new loss of taste or smell; and/or have been diagnosed with or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, you may not sign up for a slot and/or attend (if applicable on the day of your appointment). When attending your scheduled slot, you must wear an appropriate mask and practice social distancing.
What to bring to your vision screening appointment:
· COVID-19 protocols/requirements (ex. face covering, social distancing)
· If applicable, corrective lenses (glasses or contact lenses)
· NC Restricted Instruction Permit (RIP)/800 fillable (can type-in) form (must be completed [above the “NC Division of Motor Vehicles Use Only” portion only] and signed by a parent/guardian in only blue or black ink). RIP/800 forms require original signatures in blue or black ink. Copies and/or scans will not be accepted. Due to the revised NCDMV/DOT 800 form and guidelines, the RIP/800 form may not be altered in any manner. Per the NC Attorney General’s office, any alteration of a State document constitutes fraud and will not be tolerated. Altering includes double-sided printing, writing/typing or adding any information, anywhere (back or front) on the RIP/800 form where applicable, specific information is not requested. DMV representatives will not and cannot complete the eye screening or their portion of the RIP/800 form if it has been altered in any way. Physicians/Optometrists may not complete the RIP/800 form in lieu of a DMV representative; this will also invalidate the RIP/800 form.
· 30-hour DE Course-Communication Parent Letter completed with blue or black ink only and signed by a parent/guardian.
· Copy of student's Birth Certificate (we will not keep these).
4:00pm - 5:55pm EDT
PDC, 721 Brewer Dr Monroe, NC 28112 Rooms 206/207
|| Blaire Traywick