Thank you for volunteering to make bagged meals for our homeless clients! Every Tuesday and Wednesday night, Generic Ministry volunteers will take these meals on our van and head into Boston. We will hand deliver them, along with clean, dry clothing and self-care items to homeless friends. We are so grateful for your commitment of time and donated food.
We are hoping that you will commit to make 30 bagged meals for your allotted date.
Please continue reading new instructions as of January 2022.
Sandwiches may contact a lunch meat and cheese, or a combination of lunch meats and cheese with a few classic PB&J’s if you do not have a nut allergy within your family. We ask that no more than half a dozen sandwiches contain PB&J, and that the rest are filled with a lunch meat and cheese. We also kindly ask that the sandwich fillings are written on top of the brown paper bag so we can easily identify and hand out.
Moving forward, Generic Ministry will be providing individual sachets of condiments so there is no further need for volunteers to purchase and provide.
Here is what you will need:
- 3-4 loaves of bread (please count the pieces in a loaf because some loaves are smaller than others, and it is not fun to get towards the end and be out of bread!)
- Approximately 2.5-3lbs of lunch meat (2 slices per sandwich)
- Approximately 1.5-2lbs of cheese (1-2 slices per sandwich)
- 30 snacks (i.e., small bags of chips/granola bars etc.)
- 30 pieces of soft fruit (bananas or clementine’s are ideal) or squeezable apple sauce. Please do not use hard fruits like apples and pears.
- 30 brown lunch bags
- 30 sandwich baggies
- Plastic gloves to wear when making sandwiches
- 1 case of bottled water (PLEASE LEAVE WATER BOTTLES IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING)
If sandwiches are refrigerated, volunteers can make the sandwiches up to 24-36 hours prior to delivery.
Sandwiches should be delivered/collected on the date that you have signed up for, and before 5:00pm.
Please reach out to Emma Navales at least 24 hours prior to your allotted day. Emma can be reached over email at [email protected] or text 617 888 0566 to arrange delivery or collection.
Thank you for all you do for Generic Ministry. Without volunteers like you, we would not be able to meet our mission every week!