Spring/Summer 2018 Volunteers
Hello all! We are going to set up the watering program for the garden this summer the same as last summer. Each family signing up commits to ONE full week of watering, either morning of evening. Please do not sign up for more than one week.
- A member of the garden team will meet you on Sunday and walk you through the process if you are new to working in the garden.
- Slots are for an entire week in either the AM or PM. Please look at your schedule before signing up.
- You can split up a week shift up with another family, but please leave that information in the comments or email [email protected] The team needs to know who is in charge for the week.
- You are allowed to pick the garden during your week. Please see picking guidelines on the garden shed doors or in the brown information holder at the entrance to the garden. PLEASE DO NOT PICK POTATOES, SWEET POTATOES, COTTON, PUMPKINS OR BROOM CORN. These items are for classes in the fall.
- Please weed a few beds and/or walk ways during your week. This is important to keep the garden under control.
- If it rains, you do not need to water that day.
- If you are not able to water on a certain day, please email or text 703-395-9999 as soon as possible.
- PLEASE READ: If your responsible student is going to water for service hours, they must sign in and sign out each day they are in the garden. Sign up list will be inside the door of the shed. Hours will not be given unless they are documented on the sheet.
|| Joanne LHeureux