Advent Readers 2019
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your assigned service. You will be greeted by a member of the staff who will assist you in rehearsing.
- Please be seated in the following places:
Sanctuary – in the front pew on the right side as you face the Advent wreath.
Shipp Chapel – in the front pew on the right side as you face the Advent wreath.
- A candle lighter will be provided for you. Please familiarize yourself with its operation prior to the service.
- Please come forward during the last verse of the opening hymn.
a. You will not be “invited” to come to the Advent wreath.
b. It is your responsibility to be in place by the end of the hymn, prepared to begin.
- You will receive an email with the script for your Advent Week. There will be a microphone for you. Please leave the microphone on the stand and speak in a clear, compelling voice. You may divide the reading among members of your family.
- Please light the appropriate number of candles as indicated by the script.
- At the end of the reading, invite the congregation to join you in reciting the prayer printed in their bulletins, which is printed in bold in your script.
- You may return to your seat after the prayer. Please remain for the service.
THANK YOU for serving in this role of bringing Christ’s light to the world!
|| Lovers Lane Kids Ministry