City of Bentonville
The City of Bentonville is hosting its 21st consecutive tree giveaway on Saturday, April 17th at the City of Bentonville's Municipal Complex located at 3200 SW Municipal Drive from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The location map and drive thru map are located near the bottom of the page, before the sign up, under related files.
The goal of the tree giveaway is to increase the City’s overall tree canopy on residential property (commercial property is not eligible for this program), promote a healthier environment and improve the physical appearance and visual character of the built environment.
The giveaway is made possible by the City’s Tree & Landscape Advisory Committee, the Bentonville Parks Conservancy, Steuart Walton, and the Walton Family Foundation.
TREES FOR BENTONVILLE RESIDENTS: Trees are available to Bentonville residents only. Only those residents that live inside the city limits qualify for the tree giveaway. The limit is two trees per household.
RIGHT TREE, RIGHT PLACE: Do not plant trees under or near powerlines. When the tree grows, the City will need to remove it to prevent obstruction or access to the powerline. Check out The Right Tree in the Right Place information from the Arbor Day Foundation.
HOW TO PLANT A TREE: Check out this video on how to plant a container tree and this tree planting guide.
PRE-REGISTRATION: Pre-registration enables participants to receive advance Bentonville residency verification and tree reservation for pickup at the event.
Click on the box of the one or two trees you would like to reserve, then click "Submit and Sign Up." It will prompt you for additional information, including your address.
NON PRE-REGISTRATION OPTION: For those that do not or could not pre-register because the sign up is full or because the desired tree species is reserved, there will be a limited number and selection of trees available at the giveaway that are first come, first serve. Bring your ID with name and Bentonville address AND your City of Bentonville utility bill with name and address.
- Follow the tree giveaway signs.
- At the pick up area, indicate to the volunteer you did not pre-register.
- You will be asked to drive through to the area with the extra trees.
- Wait in your vehicle until indicated by a volunteer it's ok to get out.
- Show a volunteer your ID and City of Bentonville utility bill.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: The tree giveaway is a drive-thru set up to offer efficient, but most importantly a safe event.
- Last name A – K encouraged to arrive between 8 and 9 a.m.
- Last name L – Z encouraged to arrive between 9 and 10 a.m.
- Do not get out of your vehicle.
- Enter off of SW Municipal Drive and follow the signs. A volunteer will indicate for you to drive through lane 1 or 2.
- A volunteer will ask for your name. If you pre-registered, your name and address have been verified. You do not need to show your ID or utility bill.
- A volunteer will load the tree(s) in your vehicle. Please have your vehicle ready to ensure prompt loading. Remove obstructions, lay down plastic, a blanket, etc. if desired.
RAIN DATE: No rain date. Rain or shine!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do you keep a waiting list for trees? NO, but keep checking back because trees open up as the list is reviewed. It takes several days to review the sign up. There are also trees available the day of the giveaway that are first come, first serve.
- Can a family member or friend pick up my trees for me? YES, simply indicate on your sign up or contact the event coordinator.
- Can I pick up my trees before or after the evet? NO
- Can you hold my tree for me after the giveaway is over? NO
- Can I trade my pre-reserved tree for a different tree species at the event? NO
Questions? Shelli Kerr, AICP, Comprehensive Planning Manager, email or (479) 271-6822.
8:00am - 10:00am CDT
City of Bentonville Municipal Complex
3200 SW Municipal Drive, Bentonville, AR 72712
|| Danielle Semsrott