We are looking forward to a wonderful week in Davenport with the leaders of Summer Arts Safari bringing us TWO SHOWS THIS YEAR:
Beginning Stages (completed grades K-2) - "Smelly Scalliwags"
Summer Arts States (completed grades 3-8) "Magic Tree House: Pirates Past Noon"
Both age groups pratice at the same times in the same place and both shows will be presented on Friday night. This just allows all children to have a bigger role in the production!
Summer Arts Safari is a musical performance camp that provides a fun and unique musical theater experience for kids ages 6-14! The college age troop leaders out of East Grand Forks, MN hold a short audition on the first day of camp to place students in appropriate roles.
When: Monday, August 5 - Friday, August 9 (KINDRED DAYS WEEK!)
Community Performance: Friday, August 9 @ 7 p.m.
Time: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. each day
Where: Old Davenport School, Davenport, ND
Bus: If we have enought interest a bus may run from Kindred to Davenport each day! Details listed on the signup link
Cost: $75 for first child, $65 for each additional child in a family. Includes a DVD of the performance. SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE - see registration sheet
*Please drop your payment off at the Kindred Public Library during regular hours (kindredpubliclibrary.com), in the outside book drop box anytime, or by mail to: Kindred Public Library 330 Elm Street Kindred, ND 58051.
- A bus from Kindred to Davenport may be offered each day for your child - more info to come!
- Please send a sack lunch with your child Monday-Thursday (pizza provided on Friday)
- There will be ice cream treats and popsicles provided after the performance on Friday night
- Scholarships are available - please check the box on the signup for more information!
- We are looking for volunteers to be on the Safari summer planning team! If you are interested let me know.
Thanks! If you have any questions or need more information please contact me at 701.371.5537.
Jen Swenson and Erin Hill
|| Jennifer Swenson