PS 295 Garden 2018
Summer Garden Care
On the day you are signed up for, enter the garden through the 19th Street gate with your key (which you got from Ms. Weseen). THIS GATE MUST BE LOCKED WHEN YOU LEAVE!
If you can't make it, it is super important to arrange for someone to take your place. On hot summer days, the garden really bakes and the plants will suffer if they are neglected even for a day.
Info about watering:
- If the soil in the pot is moist, you do not need to water it.
- Stick a finger in the soil to check each pot before you water as each plant is different in how much water it uses (and the person before you may or may not have watered evenly).
- Overwatering can be as harmful to plants as not watering.
- Try to water the soil and not the leaves of plants.
- If possible, water in the morning or later in the afternoon, rather than mid-day.
Here's how to do it:
- Grab the faucet key from bed 7 (beds are numbered) - there is a yogurt container where we keep the keys
- Turn on the water w the key - just make sure that the water cools down before you water (it gets hot!) and water each pot
- Turn off the water w the key and replace the key in the yogurt container
There is construction going on inside the school. We have been asked to keep kids (and adults!) away from the doors to the school and to not ask to go inside, even for a bathroom emergency. If you have any issues w the hose, etc. please text Megan (below).
Please feel free to harvest what is ripe, but also be kind enough to leave enough for other people who will be watering after you. You are also welcome to plant seeds or plants in any available pots, but please mark what you plant (popsicle sticks work great for this).
Contact Megan at [email protected] or text (best if urgent) her at 917-648-7223 or Ms. Weseen with any questions: [email protected]
Thank you! You are AWESOME and are helping our garden to grow and thrive!! :))))
Follow us on Instagram at @ps295_garden
|| Megan Saynisch