Thank you for giving your most precious gift, your time, to Mission Market. Volunteers will set up in advance of the event and/or staff sale booths for organizations on event days. Below is information on the organizations we are representing or selling goods on behalf of. If you feel called to one please note your organizational interest in the comments. Scroll down to sign up slots if you would like to be placed where needed and do not wish to designate a preference.
1) Alternative Giving - Cards which can be purchased as gifts with a message that a donation has been made to a FUMC Plano Mission of your choice.
2) Amani Africa - Woven goods sewn by Liberian refugees https://amaniafrica.org/pages/history
3) Equal Exchange - UMCOR Fair Trade Coffee and more https://equalexchange.coop/umcor
4) Happily Made - Adorable monkeys knitted by marginalized women in Cambodia https://happilymade.com.au/about/
5) Mayan Hands - A variety of gifts made by Mayan women living in extreme poverty. Mayan Hands empowers women in their quest to build a sustainable future for their families. https://www.mayanhands.org/
6) Mercy House Global - Mercy House has six artisan groups in Kenya that create custom gifts to support their mission to rescue girls and empower families to redeem future generations in Jesus' name. https://mercyhouseglobal.org
7) Ornaments 4 Orphans - Fair Trade Christmas ornaments handcrafted by local artisans in Uganda. Proceeds support three organizations that provide critical support for orphans and vulnerable children in Uganda. https://ornaments4orphans.org/
8) Reach Out Honduras - Items made by students at Abundant Life School, our International Mission of focus. https://reachouthonduras.org/
9) Threads of Hope - Woven items made by poverty-stricken families in the Phillipines that provide a living and protect children from exploitation. http://threadsofhope.co/about
10) Wellspring - Provide information and receive donations for FUMC's Wellspring Counseling Ministry. Wellspring is the only sliding scale counseling service in the area. https://wellspringcounselingplanofumc.com/
11) Wend Africa - High quality and fashionable bags made by war-affected mothers in Uganda. https://www.wendafrica.com/mission
|| Leslie Harris