Colorado State University Extension- Larimer County Food Safety Programs
Si necesita ayuda con registro para el examen para Gerente de Proteccion de Alimentos llame al 498-6008 o envíe un correo electrónico a [email protected]
***In response the coronavirus pandemic, all classes and exams will be canceled through May 15, 2020. If you would like to register, please choose a date in June 2020 or after***
This is the registration portal for ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certification services offered through CSU Extension- Larimer County. Successful completion of the certification exam will meet the Certified Food Protection Manager certification regulatory requirement under Colorado's adoption of the 2013 FDA Food Code.
One of the major changes under Colorado’s adoption of the 2013 FDA Food Code is the requirement that retail food establishments employ at least one person in a supervisory and/or decision-making role that holds a Certified Food Protection Manager certification. This change took effect on January 1, 2019. A Certified Food Protection Manager certification can only be obtained by taking one of the six ANSI-CFP accredited exams administered by a Certified Proctor or Testing Center. A Certified Proctor is a person that has been certified by the certifying agency and/or testing center to administer the exam. CSU Extension- Larimer County is offering proctoring services for three of the six exams offered under this accreditation: ServSafe®, NEHA and FMI. There is associated training available for each exam, though it is not mandatory to purchase training materials if you are confident in your food safety knowledge and want to proceed directly to taking one of the accredited Certified Food Protection Manager exams. If you are interested in taking the NEHA or FMI certification exams (offered in English and Spanish), please contact Amanda Johnston at [email protected].
**As Certified Food Protection Manager certification is a manager-level certification, it is presumed that the candidate will have a strong foundation of basic food safety knowledge as this information may not be addressed in the curriculum.**
In addition to proctoring services for three of the six exams that satisfy this requirement, CSU Extension- Larimer County offers an Instructor-Led course review for the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certification. The Instructor-Led course review is offered in English. Course books and exams are available in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean. Exams delivered in a language other than English are presented in a bilingual format (Chinese/English, Spanish/English and Korean/English). The exam will be delivered in a paper-based format and online exam voucher codes will NOT be accepted to take the exam through CSU Extension-Larimer County.
Course books will be mailed once per week: course books ordered Wednesday-Monday will be mailed the following Tuesday.
If you purchase a book and would like to pick it up, please contact Paula Petroff at [email protected] or (970) 498-6000 to make arrangements. Books can be picked up at the Larimer County Extension Office, 1525 Blue Spruce Dr., Fort Collins, CO 80524; Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- It is recommended that 3 weeks be allowed for study prior to the exam to allow for studying at your convenience.
- **VERY IMPORTANT: If registering for the Instructor-Led Course Review, it is expected that you have read the course book and completed the associated study questions PRIOR to attending. The Instructor-Led Course Review will discuss highlights of each chapter and allow time for questions, but will NOT go into depth on each topic addressed in the curriculum.**
- Registration will close 14 days prior to the test date to allow for shipment of the exam from ServSafe® without additional cost. A late fee of $20 can be paid to register 10-13 days prior to exam date, restrictions may apply. Email [email protected] for late registration information.
- If needed, your Instructor-Led course review and/or Exam date can be changed ONE time without having to repay.
- A photo ID must be presented at the time of the exam
- Pass/Fail information will be sent directly to you via email within 10 days of testing
- Certification must be renewed every 5 years
Each testing candidate will have 2 hours to complete the 90 question exam. A score of 75% is required to receive certification.
Retake Information: If you need to retake the exam (either renewing your certificate or due to a failing score) you will need to purchase the "Certification Exam + Proctor Fee" option ($75) and check the "Retake" or "Renewal" option during registration.
Instructor/Proctor contact information: Amanda Johnston, Extension Agent- Food Safety Education at 970.498.6008 or [email protected]
|| Amanda Johnston