We are excited to start up our small group studies again this fall. This sign-up is to show who is interested and is not a commitment to the study. Days of the week and times have not been chosen yet.
Faith & Racial Healing-
Do you want to address racism in your faith community, but you don’t know where to begin?
This eight-week program guides participants in telling the truth about the history of racism in the United States, that we might work toward true reconciliation with God and restoration with one another.
Making Sense of the Bible -In Making Sense of the Bible, Adam Hamilton invites us into an honest conversation about the Bible. The book begins with foundational questions such as, How and when was the Bible written? Who decided which books made it into the scriptures and why? How literally must we read it? And, Is the Bible ever wrong?
From there, Hamilton considers the real questions people frequently ask that continue to divide Christians and denominations alike, including:
• Were Adam and Eve real people?
• Why is God so violent in the Old Testament?
• Why would Paul command women to "keep silent in the church"?
• Is Jesus the only way to salvation?
• How does God view homosexual people?
• Is the Book of Revelation a guide to the End Times?
In approachable and inviting language, Hamilton addresses these often misunderstood biblical themes leading readers to a deeper appreciation of the Bible so that we might hear God speak through it and find its words to be life-changing and life-giving.
Women's Study -
1. GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD - ARE YOUR THOUGHTS HOLDING YOU CAPTIVE? Get Out of Your Head is a Biblical guide to discovering how to submit our minds to Christ because how we think shapes how we live. As we surrender every thought to Jesus, the promises of God flood our lives in profound ways. Identify the negative thought patterns that are keeping you stuck
Treasured - This 6-Session Treasured Study is designed for moms and daughters (9-13), or small groups of moms and daughters, to help them connect and talk about things that matter: Identity, Body, Emotions, Friendships, Technology, Faith.
The “tween” years are a critical transition period in the life of a young girl. Girls this age are changing in profound ways. Loaded with fun activities and engaging content, Treasured will initiate meaningful conversation between moms and daughters during these critical preteen years.