Left Coast Theatre Co.
Left Coast Theatre Co. is excited to announce auditions for our Fall 2019 show, and we are looking for great actors like you to join us!
Fall 2019: "The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told", by Paul Rudnick. Directed by Neil Higgins.
In the beginning, the Stage Manager said "Creation of the world, go." and, lo, it was good. Then she created Adam and Steve. And Jane and Mable. This show follows the first two couples through the centuries, from the creation of appetizers to Noah's Ark to a Christmas party in a Manhattan loft. Along the way they meet a slew of fabulous characters, including a sexy rhino, a flamboyant Pharaoh, a go-go boy, and a lesbian paraplegic rabbi. And the whole time they continue to ask: Can two gay couples find God?
Cast of Characters:
- Adam: Male-presenting, 20s-30s. The first man. Hopeful
- Steve: Male-presenting, 20s-30s. His boyfriend. Cynical and neurotic
- Jane: Female-presenting, 20s-30s. One of the first women. Brassy.
- Mable: Female-presenting, 20s-30s. Her girlfriend. Ethereal and searching
- Stage Manager: Female-presenting, any age. Creator of the universe
- Actor #1: Male-presenting, 20s
- Father Joseph: A Catholic priest.
- Rabbit #1: A rabbit
- Rhino: A rhinoceros and a Casanova
- Dad #2: A wholesome father.
- Brad: The Pharaoh’s lover
- Kevin: Hopeful and sweet
- Actor #2: Female-presenting, 30s-60s
- Miriam Miller: A theatregoer
- Babe: A pig
- Mom #1: A wholesome mother
- Ftatateeta: One of Pharaoh’s guards. Regal.
- Rabbi Sharon: A lesbian rabbi. Non-nonsense
- Actor #3: Male-presenting, 30s-50s
- Latecomer: A theatregoer
- Rabbit #2: A rabbit
- Dad #1: A wholesome father
- Pharaoh: The Pharaoh of Egypt. Too much.
- Trey Pomfret: Bitch with a heart of gold
- Actor #4: Female-presenting, 20s-40s
- Cheryl Mindle: Chipper to a fault
- Fluffy: A cat. Slinky.
- Mom #2: A wholesome mother.
- Peggy: One of Pharaoh’s guards. Less regal
Rehearsals begin August 5, 2019.
Tech rehearsal: November 3 - 7, 2019.
Shows: November 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14. Note: There are no performances Thanksgiving weekend.
WHAT TO PREPARE
A 2-minute contemporary comedic or dramatic monologue. You may be asked to read from sides. Please bring a headshot and resume.
We are looking for a diverse group of actors of all gender expressions, races, and ages. Non-union actors only at this time.
Callbacks are by appointment on Sunday, March 10th from 12-4 pm at the Exit Theatre. Sides will be provided.
All roles are paid.
For more information on Left Coast Theatre Co., please visit www.lctc-sf.org
156 Eddy St, SF, CA 94102
|| Left Coast Theatre Co.