Thank you for setting an appointment to donate your gently worn women's professional wear to EmBe Women's Programming and Dress for Success! Please read the following information before selecting an appointment time.
Why require appointments?
Contactless appointment slots allow us to stay focused on serving our clients and protecting their privacy--a goal we know you share! Appointments also help us pace our intake so we can manage donations efficiently and quickly put them in the hands of our clients. Please note that we cannot accept clothing donations outside of the appointment times listed.
We are located at 620 W. 18th St. Sioux Falls, SD 57104.
Our greatest needs, items accepted and client trends are outlined in the PDF below. Regardless of condition, we cannot accept items not purchased within the past 5 years.
How donation drop-off works
- Donations are contactless, meaning you can leave your items in the drop off bin and hanging rack outside the front door of our building. (In inclement weather, donation receptacles will be inside our doors.) We will be expecting you at the time of your appointment, so there is no need to call the office when you arrive.
- Please only donate items that were purchased within the past 5 years; have no damage, including stains, tears, missing buttons, or discoloration; and are from smoke-free homes. We do not accept menswear.
- We take clothing of all sizes, and are always looking for more inventory from extra small to plus-sized.
- If you need a tax receipt, there will be one attached to the drop off bin to take with you.
- Please contain donations in boxes or bags so our volunteers can easily retrieve them.
- Due to limited volunteer time, please limit your donation to the capacity of two boxes or garbage bags. This practice helps us process your donation quickly and put it to use.
Thank you! Your donations help further our mission to promote economic independence by providing women with professional attire, a network of support, and other development tools to help them thrive in work and life.