Arlington Regional Master Naturalists and NPS Weed Warriors
Site Leaders: Stephanie Martin, Heidi Moyer, Erica Shifflett
Join Arlington Regional Master Naturalist (ARMN) Park Stewards and National Park Service Weed Warriors to save TRI trees from smothering vines. We will focus on snipping non-native vines such as English Ivy and Japanese Honeysuckle.
Wear gloves, long pants, and sturdy shoes (be prepared for a little mud), and please bring a mask. Bring pruners and hand saws if you have them. (Limited extras will be available.) Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult; volunteers under 18 must be signed in by an adult.
Meet at the stone wall on the parking lot side of the footbridge.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
- We will follow CDC protocols and practice six-feet social distancing.
- Do not attend if you have any COVID-19 indicative symptoms (e.g., dry cough, fever, body aches, sore throat, or rashes).
- Do not attend if you have had any known exposures (or likely exposures) to individuals positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Maintain 6 feet social distance between you and other individuals.
- Wear a face mask for the duration of the event, unless you are outdoors with seven or more feet between you and other individuals.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow or a tissue which you then discard.
9:30am - 11:30am EST
Theodore Roosevelt Island
|| Stephanie Martin