Peace Lutheran Church
As part of our community's learning about and caring for our environment and our planet, one of our church members, Shannon Spence, has volunteered to give anyone who is interested (all friends and family included) a guided tour of the wastewater treatment plant where she works. The plant is located in Woodbridge, Virginia about a 30 minute drive south of the church. Details are below:
· Sunday, March 24 beginning at 1:00 pm. The address of the plant is
H.L. Mooney Advanced Water Reclamation Facility
1861 Rippon Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191
· Meet in the fellowship hall after the 10:30 am worship service to carpool. Or be at the Plant by 1 pm.
· The walking tour will take about 1 1/2 hours. Closed toed shoes are required.
· There is also an indoor community education center on site that is very engaging and educational (recommended for children 8 years old and above).
· Optional: bring a sack lunch and we can sit in the cafeteria in the administration building and share a meal together afterwards.
· There is no limit on the number of people that can attend but everyone will have to carpool or provide their own transportation.
1:00pm - 2:30pm EDT
|| Peace Lutheran