Merged Group DUMC, Neighbors, 2019 List
The Levine & Dickson Hospice House (LDHH), is a 16-bed facility, located off of Exit 23 in “The Park Huntersville” and is the first freestanding hospice facility in Mecklenburg County. Their mission is to relieve suffering and improve the quality and dignity of life through compassionate hospice care for those at the end of life, palliative care for those with advanced illness, and to provide community education.
DUMC is the LDHH Meal Sponsor for the month of May. This program provides dinner for families caring for their loved ones at LDHH, giving them an opportunity to spend priceless time together. We will feed 15-20 people each Tuesday and Thursday in May. You can volunteer for the entire meal or just a portion of it. (The meal is served buffet style - serving and clean up are NOT required.) Meal volunteers are asked to deliver their food to LDHH between 5:30-6:00 on their assigned day.)
This is a great project to do with your family, friends, neighbors, or Sunday school class.
Meals should be delivered hot and ready to eat in disposable containers that are labeled with the date and contents (per Health Dept. regulations.) Masking tape works well or there are labels available in the LDHH family kitchen.
- Deliver your part of the meal to LDHH, located in the “The Park Huntersville” off of Exit 23. (Directions below)
- Please deliver meal between 5:30 – 6:00. Families will gather to eat at 6:00 PM. Serving and clean-up are NOT required but we do need one person to set up the food on the buffet table. If your food will require a bowl to eat, please provide that along with your food. Paper plates and napkins will be provided by a fellow volunteer and LDHH provides eating and serving utensils.
- There are several entrances to LDHH. Please go to the far right entrance at the front of the building. There is a circular drop-off area, which will enable you to drive your car up to the door for easy unloading. If locked, ring the doorbell for access into the building. Once inside, load your meal items onto the cart located directly inside the door and deliver it to the family dining area.
- Before leaving LDHH, please complete the volunteer information in the binder located on the cart. (LDHH is required by Medicare to track the number of volunteers and hours spent providing these meals.) Questions regarding your meal sponsorship should be directed to Sally Capets at [email protected]
* PLEASE NOTE: Family members at LDHH will have been notified of these meals and are counting on your commitment. It is important that, in the event you are unable to provide the meal on your assigned date, that you find a replacement or contact Sally at [email protected] or 704-277-2508 to have the meal provided by another volunteer.
On behalf of LDHH patients and their families, we sincerely thank you for your generous support!
Directions to Levine & Dickson Hospice House (LDHH)
Use Google! The address is 11900 Vanstory Drive Or:
From I-77 Take exit 23 and head west (toward the hospital) on Gilead Road, getting into the far left lane. Just past the hospital, turn left into “The Park Huntersville” onto Reese Blvd. Then bear right at the fork onto Reese Blvd. West. Follow Reese Blvd. W. past Boren St, and Julian Clark Ave. You will pass Joe Gibbs Racing on the right and then take the next right onto Vanstory Drive. LDHH is on the right and sits at the top of a small hill - The address is 11900 Vanstory Drive.