85th Season Auditions
JOIN US for Season Auditions for our 85th Season.
We will be seeing people for the following shows:
- The Humans by Stephen Karam; directed by Chad Sweet; November 15- Dec 1
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie adapted by Ken Ludwig; directed by Melissa Taylor; January 24- February 9
- The Imaginary Invalid by Moliere; directed by James Mardock; March 13- March 29
- The Quality of Life by Jane Anderson; directed by Alexandra Frankel & Scott Hernandez; June 5- June 21
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee by Rachel Sheikin; Music & Lyrics by William Finn; directed by Jesse Briggs; July 9 - Aug 2
Want more information on the shows? We highly recommend that you do your research. A quick Google of a title will you give the information you're looking for!
Please prepare two contrasting one-minute monologues. Cold readings will be available. If you are planning on auditioning for the musical, please prepare 1 monologue and 1 song selection (approximately 16 bars). An accompanist will be available.
ADDITIONAL NOTES & TIPS:
-It is highly recommended that you arrive 15-30 minutes before your audition time slot to fill out an audition form and prep for your audition. We will stick as closely to the schedule as possible, but you may be called in a few minutes early if we are ahead of schedule!
-Be prepared! Coming in with a prepared and memorized monologue is the best practice. Let the directors see you at your very best!
-Remember, your audition starts when you walk in the door. Come in confident. Face forward. Introduce yourself & let the directors know the title and author of your pieces.
-Don't forget the basics--- projection & enunciation--- make sure the directors can hear and understand you.
-Singing? Please walk your music into the accompanist & take a moment to show her where you will start and stop. Please have your music marked.
Please note: Auditions will be recorded to be shared with directors throughout the season. If you are unable to make it to auditions, you may email a video meeting the audition requirements to [email protected]
|| Volunteer Coordinator