Answering a call to help feed our neighbors, the JWUMC Missions team is partnering with The Houston Food Bank and Bridging for Tomorrow for JWUMC's mobile food distribution. The Houston Food Bank Mobile Truck will be outside at JWUMC on November 13. We need as many volunteers as possible to make this a successful mission. Please take a look at the guidelines, review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. If you are unable to serve an entire shift but would like to serve, we would love to have you. Please make a note of your availability in the note on your sign up. Thank you in advance for serving!
1. Unaccompanied volunteers must be 16 or older. Those younger must be with a parent or adult representative.
2. Volunteers who have not completed their Covid vaccinations must wear a face covering at all times. Gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided.
3. Protect yourself from the sun. Bring a hat and sunscreen.
4. Dress comfortably. You'll be on your feet the entire time. Closed toed shoes are encouraged.
5. If you are feeling ill or have possibly been exposed to a communicable disease (regardless of how you feel) we ask you to cancel your volunteer registration. In the case of COVID-19, please do not come to volunteer if you are exhibiting symptoms, are currently sick, have been exposed to someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 or someone who is self-quarantining. If you have not been able to social distance and wear a mask in public during the past 14 days, please do not come to volunteer. If you have had COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID, you may volunteer if any the following are true:
- it has been 10 days since your symptoms first appeared
- in the past 3 days (72 hours), you have not had a fever and have not had to take fever-reducing medication
- in the past 3 days (72 hours), you have not experienced respiratory syptoms like cough or shortness of breath.
6. Contact Pam Winder ([email protected]) or Bill Aiken ([email protected]) if you have any questions.