We're always looking for professional volunteers to speak at ADHKC and ADHDKCTeen meetings.
We meet the first Tuesday of each month at the St. Joseph Medical Center Community Building from 6-8 pm, with the speaker presenting from 6:30-7:30.
Volunteers can request dates below and I'll touch base with you soon after you submit your request to answer any questions and to confirm the date. Speakers can choose their own topic as long as it's related to executive functioning, ADHD or the common comorbidities of ADHD. If you want to address both groups, sign up for both slots.
We occasionally ask members what they'd like to hear about, so if you're not sure what you'd cover, see these suggestions.
Topics that have been requested for ADHDKCTeen include:
- School refusal / poor attitude toward school
- Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria or poor self esteem
- Building confidence
- Strategies for remembering to do homework and to turn it in
- How to change a negative behavior (lying, binge eating, screaming)
Topics that have been requested for ADHDKC Parent Meetings include:
- Conflicts that occur when a parent also has ADHD
- Bridging the gap in communication or guidance with shutdowns
- How to help our kids stay on task
- How to help kids be successful when they don't want our input
- Medication pros and cons
|| Kristen Stuppy