We're always looking for professional volunteers to speak at ADHKC and ADHDKCTeen meetings, lead a webinar, post a blog or vlog on one of our websites (ADHDKC or ADHDKCTeen) or help with administration.
We meet the first Tuesday of each month. Our location is in flux at this time. We will be holding meetings at various locations around the KC Metro until a permanent location can once again be secured.
Volunteers can request dates below and I'll touch base with you soon after you submit your request to answer any questions and to confirm the date. Speakers can choose their own topic as long as it's related to executive functioning, ADHD or the common comorbidities of ADHD. If you want to address both groups, please sign up for both slots.
We occasionally ask members what they'd like to hear about, so if you're not sure what you'd cover, see these suggestions.
Topics that have been requested for ADHDKCTeen (middle and high schoolers) include:
- School refusal / poor attitude toward school
- Self esteem
- Building confidence
- Strategies for remembering to do homework and to turn it in
- How to change a negative behavior (lying, binge eating, screaming)
- Fitting in at school
- How to focus off medication
- Focus skills
- How to advocate for themselves and not be ashamed
- Self awareness and meditation
Topics that have been requested for ADHDKC Parent Meetings include:
- Conflicts that occur when a parent also has ADHD
- Bridging the gap in communication or guidance with shutdowns
- How to help our kids stay on task
- How to help kids be successful when they don't want our input
- Medication pros and cons
- Ways to help with Executive Function Disorder
- Treating ADHD with games
|| Kristen Stuppy