Cindy Brennan from Healthy Roots Counseling will talk to parents of young children about Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).
Lindsay Ryan from Great Oaks Counseling will return to lead the ADHDKCTeen group in a discussion of identifying barriers and excuses and getting stuff done. Parents are invited to this talk as well, but it will be directed toward the students.
Two groups will meet in adjoining rooms!
- One meeting is designed for middle and high school students to learn how to get things done - identify barriers and excuses. Parents are invited to this room if they prefer to learn about skills for older children and teens.
- Parents will learn about the Parent Child Interaction Therapy. This is an evidence-based therapy that works well for young children with their parent or caregiver.
Want even more? Fill out a Membership Application to get the monthly ADHDKCTeen newsletter as well as access to our Member's Only information!
What to expect:
- Teen leaders will lead games to help break the ice with a game for the students.
- Lindsay will introduce herself to the parents and summarize what she'll be talking about.
- Lindsay Ryan will talk to and lead activities with our students.
- Cindy Brennan will lead discussion with the parents.
- Everything should finish up if not done earlier.
Food always is appreciated, but do not feel obligated to sign up to bring anything other than yourself!
Where: We'll be meeting in the Community Center, Building D of St. Joseph Medical Center, near I-435 and State Line.
6:00pm - 8:00pm CDT
St. Joseph Medical Center Building D, 1000 Carondelet Dr, KC MO
|| Kristen Stuppy