ADHDKC Parent Group
Local psychologist and author, Dr. Tish Taylor, will speak to our parent group about her new book.
From Dr. Taylor: "Parenting ADHD with Wisdom and Grace was written to help provide parenting tips for ADHD. I see many parents struggling with how to parent ADHD and not fully realizing that some of the frustrating behaviors they are dealing with are a part of their child's ADHD. I am hoping to positively impact parent-child relationships, help parents find more effective ways to respond to ADHD in their child, and decrease frustration and feelings of exacerbation."
Two groups will meet in adjoining rooms!
- One meeting is designed for middle and high school students to learn about Mindfulness. See this link for more information or to sign up. Parents are invited to this room if they prefer to learn about skills for older children and teens.
- Parents will learn about parenting effectively and improving parent-child relationships.
Want even more? Fill out a Membership Application to get the monthly ADHDKCTeen newsletter as well as access to our Member's Only information!
What to expect:
- Teen leaders will lead games to help break the ice with a game for the students in the ADHDKCTeen room.
- Parents can sign in and mingle with one another in the ADHDKC room.
- Students will be in a separate room for their talk.
- Dr. Taylor will lead discussion with the parents.
- Everything should finish up if not done earlier.
Food always is appreciated, but do not feel obligated to sign up to bring anything other than yourself!
Where: We'll be meeting in the Community Center, Building D of St. Joseph Medical Center, near I-435 and State Line.
6:30pm - 8:00pm CDT
St. Joseph Medical Center Building D, 1000 Carondelet Dr, KC MO
|| Kristen Stuppy