Schaeffer Academy Families
The Lion Heart Service Team in cooperation with Cory Penz and Elcor Construction Inc. presents...
Schaeffer Academy’s EBENEZER SPIRIT STONE
Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen.
He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.”
1 Samuel 7:12
Do you want to do something special for your child? Would you like to recognize a special occasion, birthday, accomplishment, sporting event or simply send a note of encouragement? You can show them by painting it on the Ebenezer Spirit Stone!
* Reservations MUST be made to paint the Spirit Stone.
* A $10 cash or check donation to support the Lion Heart Service Team (LHST) activities should be sent to the office when you reserve your date to paint.
* All individuals must supply their own paint.
* The Spirit Rock may be reserved for Mondays and Thursdays. (Amount of days per week may increase as demand increases throughout the year)
* Once reserved, you may paint the Stone beginning at 4:00 PM the day BEFORE YOUR RESERVATION. For a Monday reservation, you could begin painting at 4 pm the Sunday before your reservation. For a Thursday reservation, you could begin painting at 4 pm the Wednesday before your reservation.
(Example, if your child’s birthday is the week of October 7th, and you want him/her to arrive at school that Monday to see the Stone, you reserve the day of October 7th. You can begin painting the Stone on Sunday after 4:00 PM. The person who has reserved the next date can begin painting the Stone the following Wednesday at 4 pm.)
*We do not reschedule for any type of weather.
*All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc). We will not offer refunds on any reserved dates.
* ONLY the front of Spirit Stone may be painted (facing the sidewalk/parking lot). DO NOT paint the ground or grass surrounding the area. The individual or group will be held financially responsible for cleaning and/or repair costs associated with violation of this policy. Anyone painting the Stone must leave the area in clean condition. Remove all paint materials and litter from the site and be sure the paint is disposed of properly.
* The individual or group painting the Stone assumes liability for any individual or member of the group who may be injured and/or incur clothing or other personal property damage. Please be kind to our environment and recycle empty paint cans.
*Spirit Stone paintings MUST BE IN GOOD TASTE and reflect the school motto of Truth, Beauty and Goodness. SA Faculty/Staff and LHST members will monitor the Ebenezer Spirit Stone to ensure that paintings fall within the above-established guidelines. SA Faculty/Staff or LHST members have the right to remove any painting deemed inappropriate by school administration without notice to those who painted the rock and their time and efforts will be forfeited.
*By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to the above-mentioned guidelines.
Tips for painting the rock:
- The most popular paint to use is to spray paint. You will need 2 cans for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white). A solid base coat takes approximately 15 minutes to dry in the sunlight.
Additional paint amount is typically 1 full can or 2 small cans - depending on size and complexity of your design.
- Acrylic paint with brush is best for smaller details.
Latex and acrylic paint that is rolled or brushed on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spray paint, which dries in several minutes.
Use or make stencils if able
Take photos of your amazing creation and send to: [email protected] By doing so, you authorize our team to use the photos in school and community publications.
HAVE FUN and Sign up Below!