Lakeside Presbyterian Church
Would you like to help a child in foster care celebrate their birthday with a cake, cards, and gifts especially for them? Many children in foster care don't enjoy their birthdays like we would hope all kids would get to.
Lakeside's Birthday Blessings Mission group is asking for volunteers who can help make a foster child's birthday the best ever! Please sign up if you're interested in helping out with any of the following tasks. We are looking to build a database of people to call on when we need help.
The tasks are...
- Baking cakes
- A recipe and even pans will be provided for baking a 2-layer cake. In many cases, the cake can be prepared ahead of time and frozen if the timing doesn't work out with your schedule.
- Decorating cakes
- The children usually pick out their birthday theme of how they want the cake decorated. Usually we like to include their name on the cake too.
- Ordering the presents
- You will be reimbursed for your purchase. We typically purchase a backpack or other type of bag and a water bottle and monogram it for the child. We will provide you with their name and favorite colors. We usually order from the same web site.
- Make or purchase cards
- We like each child to receive several birthday cards. You could make your own or purchase one and write a nice message.
- Purchase party supplies (napkins, plates, napkins, candle)
- Cake/Present Delivery person
- Can you deliver the cake and presents to DCCH?