During the week of January 16 - 22, 2022, Beth Emeth members will again participate in feeding and caring for the homeless at the St. John Neumann Catholic Church, 11900 Lawyers Rd., Reston VA 20191 (Google map). Thank you to Jill Weisman for serving as the CBE captain. This is our 15th year!
Many donations and volunteers are needed! Please scroll down on this page to sign up for our specific commitments which include:
- Prepare and/or Serve Dinner on Monday, January 17, 2022 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) at St. John Neumann Church (SJN) for up to 80 guests
- Donate Dinner food, drinks and items for centerpieces
- Donate Breakfast and Snack foods
- Make a financial donation to help CBE support Hypothermia week at SJN. Your donation will be used to buy Breakfast Muffins and fill in any gaps. Any funds not needed for this event will be used to help meet other homeless needs. You can use this donation form -- if you are a Beth Emeth member, log into your CBE "ShulCloud" account to see more payment options. If you are not a member, you are still welcome to donate! Just use the form and pay with a credit card.
Where to Bring Donated Items:
- Please bring non-perishable dinner items as well as breakfast and snack foods to the Beth Emeth lobby Sunday January 9 through noon on Friday, January 14, during office hours (M-Th 9-5, F 9-2:30) or Religious School hours (Sunday 9 AM-12 PM, Weds 4:30-6 PM).
- Perishable food for our dinner on January 17 can be dropped off between 3:30-4:30 pm on that day at the St. John Neumann Catholic Church on Lawyers Rd in Reston. If this is inconvenient, no problem, please contact Jill Weisman to make alternate arrangements.
- Prepare and Serve Dinner starting at 4:30 PM, for about 50-60 guests plus volunteers.
- Fine Print for Volunteers:
- Age Constraints: Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Sorry no one under 18 yrs old this year due to COVID restrictions.
- COVID Rules: All volunteers must be fully vaccinated and must wear a face mask at all times while on the Church property. (Guests may not all be vaccinated; volunteers will not need to mix closely with guests; the plan is to have all volunteers stay in the kitchen.) Please bring a hat or head covering to wear in addition to your mask.
Questions? Contact Jill Weisman
Thank you in advance for helping to ensure a pleasant and healthy breakfasts/dinner and a warm week for our homeless neighbors.
P.S. The Beth Emeth-sponsored dinner and breakfast donations are part of an entire Hypothermia Prevention week at the Saint John Neumann Church to shelter and feed the homeless in our community- you can sign up for additional volunteer and donation opportunities beyond our CBE commitments.