Thank you in advance for volunteering! This sign-up includes Rosh Hashanah (September 6-8) and Yom Kippur (September 15-16). Please consider signing up for a shift during each holiday.
CBE ushers and service volunteers serve a very important function at our synagogue by helping maintain a spiritual experience for all worshippers during the High Holiday services. Just an hour of your time can make a difference. Volunteer positions are the following:
- Head Ushers: Head Ushers make sure all the ushers are at their posts and ensure smooth transitions from one shift to the next.
- Check-in Ushers: Check-In Ushers are posted at tables by the front entrance of CBE to greet and check in congregants, offer directions for the Machzor location, service schedule and answer general questions. These are seated positions.
- Seating Ushers: Seating Ushers assist congregants who require seating assistance and assist at Check-In when congregants do not require seating assistance.
- Sanctuary Door Ushers: Ushers are posted on the outside of the expanded sanctuary doors. Door 1 is the main sanctuary entrance, door 2 is by the restrooms, and door 3 is by the gift shop. Due to space constraints, these are mostly standing jobs with some ability to sit occasionally.
- Teen Tent Ushers: Ushers are posted at the teen tent located in the field across from the main CBE building. These ushers check stamps on teens' wrists as they enter, and generally help the group until they are settled in seats.
- Tech Gabbai: The tech gabbai sits at the PC. He/she sets up and manages the streaming session, moving the camera and adjusting audio as needed. Some computer proficiency is required; training and practice will be provided in advance.
- Remote Livestream Monitor (online at home): The remote livestream monitor watches the services on two media (most likely are Zoom and Facebook) and communicates with the tech gabbai as needed to ensure quality. This person also uses chat/comments to announce pages occasionally and answer any questions. Some familiarity with online sites such as Zoom and Facebook is required. Training/practice will be provided in advance.
Additional information and instructions are available upon request. Please contact us with any questions/comments by clicking on the contact link below.
Thank You and L'Shanah Tova u'Metukah!