Meals for the Heartland
Sign up to help our church package meals for Meals from the Heartland. Our goal is create 25,000 food packages, which will feed 150,000 hungry people in Central Iowa and around the world. We are in need of food packagers and bucket brigade helpers for three shift, as well as setup and cleanup. Here is a description of the duties:
Packager Duties: Fill meal bags, weigh them, seal them and stack them in boxes. Packagers begin with empty baggies and end up with thousands of lifesaving meals that will feed hungry people around the world.
Bucket Brigade Duties: Refill ingredient bins, restock and clean packaging stations.When we’re packaging thousands of meals each hour, ingredients go fast! It’s your job to make sure volunteers can continue packaging seamlessly throughout the event.
More information can be found at https://mealsfromtheheartland.org/
Here are some fun facts about Meals from the Heartland:
- Oct 2017 St Luke's packed 20,304 meals and had 175 volunteers
- April 2019 we are shooting for 25,000 meals
- In 2016 MFTH packed 18 million meals with 1 million distributed in Iowa
- The meal ingredients and packing materials come from the Midwest
- MFTH started in 2008 and have packed over 100 million meals