Please review the available slots and click on the orange "Sign Up" button below, then click on the blue "Submit and Sign Up" button to sign up, and follow the directions. Thank you!
Attendance at In-Person Sunday Worship in the Sanctuary at The Unitarian Church in Westport
In-Person Sunday worship services take place at 9:00 AM in the Sanctuary and are also streamed live on Zoom. Weekly Sunday worship at 11:00 AM will continue on Zoom and Facebook
Prior to making your decision to attend in person, we strongly recommend that you review the attendance guidelines (HERE). In order to ensure, as much as possible, the safety of the congregation as well as that of the Ministers and staff, and in accordance with State and CDC guidelines, changes to seating in the Sanctuary, additional health and safety procedures during the service and in the building have been made and implemented as described below (1-13). Please review this information carefully.
Seating capacity in the Sanctuary will be limited. In order to ensure that there is adequate seating and to avoid overcrowding, we ask you to reserve seats for yourself and others attending the service with you. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the service in order to permit a safe and orderly seating process. If you arrive without having reserved a seat(s), it may not be possible to accommodate you within the church building.
- Face masks must be worn by everyone when inside the building with the exception of children under the age of 2 years. Masks with valves should not be used.
- The Sanctuary and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected prior to the service.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be located in the lobby and their use is encouraged.
- Chairs in the Sanctuary will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, however, members of the same family/household may move chairs closer together if necessary but must maintain at least 6 feet between unrelated individuals.
- The distance between the platform (pulpit) and first row of seats has been increased and side doors and walls will be opened to increase ventilation. Please dress appropriately since the doors and walls cannot be closed during the service. The Ministers and Worship Associates will not wear masks while speaking.
- Hymnals will be not be used. An Order of Service will be distributed through Soundings prior to the Sunday service.
- The Music Ministry will follow Best Practices for musical expression during the service.
- There will be an Offertory, but Collection Plates will not be passed.
- The bathrooms in the lobby have been converted to uni-sex, with self-closing commode lids to eliminate aerosols. Only one person at a time will be permitted in each bathroom. Automated soap and hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed.
- There will be no coffee hour or other socializing before or following the service. You are asked to leave the building after the worship service, maintain social distancing as you leave and not congregate in the lobby or on the patio outside the building.
- Families are welcome to attend together. Childcare will not be offered.
- If you wear a jacket or outerwear into the building, we ask that you keep the outerwear with you. Coat racks or closets will not be available.
- Access to the kitchen or library will not be available.
If you have difficulty signing up, email Gian Morresi at [email protected] or Stephen Polmar at [email protected] If you have any other questions, please contact Rev. Ed Thompson by calling him at 203.227.7205 x 18