In order to make the pool and your experience as safe as possible, KGRC is following all of the Governor of VA and Health Department guidelines as related to COVID-19. Prior to reserving and coming to the club for lap swim, members should review our complete 2020 COVID-19 Protocols, as will be posted on our website. We anticipate the following "rules" will change as the weeks go by and, as they do, the KGRC Board of Directors will notify members as such.
At this time, KGRC is open for lap swim only. We are able to accomodate 1 person per lane, in 30-minute increments. For the purposes of making a reservation, please review the following:
- Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
- Please reserve your spot no more than three days in advance.
- Members are permitted one reservation for each eligible household member per day.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 to 12:30 pm are reserved for senior (65+) and immunocompromised members.
- Members with mobility challenges may want to select Lane 1 or 6 for ease of access to stairs.
- Swim is lap swim only. Members age 11 years and older may swim without a parent. Any child under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a swimming parent or guardian. Each swimmer will still need to be in their own lane--there is no sharing of lanes, even for members of the same household. Please note, all children must be able to swim independently (1 length of the pool unassisted). Floaties are not permitted for lap swim.
- Changing rooms and showers will be closed to limit congregating as much as possible. Please arrive already prepared to swim with suit on under your clothes. Changing rooms/showers will not be available for changing/showering after your swim.
- Bathrooms available for emergency use only.
- Please follow all posted signage, including directional markers, when entering and exiting the pool.
- Only swimmers should come to the pool--no non-swimming children or waiting parents. The pool deck will be closed to non-swimmers.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your reserved time.
- Guest passes are not currently available
Swim time MUST BE RESERVED in advance. No walk-ins permitted.
Before you sign up, please read:
COVID-19 is extremely contagious, potentially fatal, and believed to spread primarily from person-to-person contact. Governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and other safety precautions. Kent Gardens Recreation Club has implemented preventative measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, but the Club cannot guarantee that visitors will not be infected with COVID-19 while at the pool. Please strictly comply with all safety regulations and posted policies to mitigate the risk of infection. Even those who comply with all safety precautions could be infected.
By completing this registration for swim time, I acknowledge that I understand the risks to myself and my family as discussed above and agree to abide by KGRC rules and policies which have been provided to the membership. The complete rules and policies are available on KGRC's website and in hard copy at the front desk.
Please contact our Board of Directors with questions or for more information.
|| Bethany Nguyen