Email list moved to MailChimp, copy URL and paste in your email
The Guild prepares/purchases a meal once a month and serves at the Stephen Center (2723 Q Street). There are usually about 170 men, women and children served. The menu is planned by The Guild and volunteers assist with meal preparation/transportation, food donations, and serving the meal.
Valentino's Pizza is served on odd numbered months and made-at-home casseroles are served on even numbered months; with both meals including a side dish or salad, a fruit and dessert.
Six to eight servers will deliver and serve the meal; that can be a family (children age 10 and older), couples or individuals, or even members of a parish group.
Please see the sign up list to volunteer to serve or for food items that you may make or donate for the meal.
Thank you for your generosity and service to our community!
- CASSEROLE MONTHS - volunteers should plan to pick up donated food items from St. Wenceslaus with enough time so they arrive at the Stephen Center at 4:00 p.m. so the staff there can heat it up and set up for food service
- PIZZA MONTHS - Pizzas will be ready for pick-up at 4:00 p.m. Please be at Valentino's at 2606 S. 132nd St, at this time to pick up the pizzas (30 pizzas) and plan to be at Stephen Center at 4:30 p.m. (Please either drop off the Valentino's receipt at the Parish Office sometime during the week following the dinner or take a picture of it and text it to 402-679-3440. THANK YOU for doing this extra step!)
- 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. - Dinner is served to group one
- 6:00 - 6:45 p.m. - Dinner is served to group two
- Volunteers are free to leave after the last dinner service. The Stephen Center staff does all of the clean-up.
Procedures for Drop-off and Pick-up of donated food:
DROP OFF: Due to improved security at the church, the Social Hall doors will be locked at all times. ALL food donations should be delivered to St. Wenceslaus' Parish OFFICE. The office staff will keep the non-perishable food items in the office. They will place the perishable food items downstairs in the Guild refrigerator in the Social Hall. Please label your food donation with your name and "Stephen Center". Items may be dropped off anytime on Friday, or before 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
PICK UP: Volunteers who are picking up the donated food items, stop at St. Wenceslaus' Parish Office to collect the non-perishable food donations. The office staff will also give you a key fob to unlock the Social Hall door so you can collect the perishable items from the Guild refrigerator, which is located in the room to the left of the kitchen. Please return the key fob to the Parish Office once you are done loading food into your vehicle.
There are some sanitary guidelines that we must follow in the kitchen:
- When serving on the food line, you must wear hair nets (Stephen Center provides) or clean baseball caps, or something to cover your hair
- Plastic gloves should also be worn on the serving line (Stephen Center provides)
- Everyone in the kitchen must wear CLOSED TOE SHOES for safety purpose. No sandals please.
Stephen Center Parking: (2723 Q Street) from Q Street, turn south onto 28th Avenue. Then take the first left which is the road that is just behind the Center. Then look for the parking lot on the left side just past the main building. Enter through the loading dock doors - ring the bell to be let in.
If you have any questions please contact Brenda at 402-679-3440.
|| Tracy O’Connor