First Presbyterian Church (FPC) and St. Anne’s Episcopal Church (SAEC) will host Winter Relief 2019 from Monday Feb 11 through Monday Feb 18, 2019. We will provide food and shelter for two dozen members of our community who do not have access to a warm meal or a warm place to stay the night.
Please support this important work by signing up for one or more of volunteer roles below. This also provides an opportunity for you to get to know people from the other church so, where you can, volunteer for your church's designated slot (FPC or SAEC).
All activities take place at First Presbyterian Church, Fellowship Hall, 171 Duke of Gloucester Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Breakfast - 6:00 - 7:00 am - Prepare, serve and clean up.
- Lunch - Prepare brown bag lunches. Can be delivered to the shelter after 4:00 pm of the day before. Must be delivered no later than 6:30 am of the day.
- Daily laundry - Pick up laundry bags by 10:00 am, return clean laundry by 5:15 pm.
- Help desk - Set out drinks and snacks, greet guests about 4:30, staff help desk, dispense medications.
- Dinner - 5:00 - 8:00 pm - Prepare, serve & clean-up dinner.
- Shower team - 5:45 - 9:25 pm weekdays / 3:30 - 7:30 pm weekend, coordinate logistics, sign up sheet, usher guests to Kinhart Center or ZW House.
- Night monitor - Two volunteers monitor though the night, ideally one with prior experience.
- Set up team - Unload U-Haul and set up shelter.
- Baked goods - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Can be delivered throughout the day.
- Monitors - Weekend only. Morning 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, afternoon 1:00 to 4:00 pm. Supervise shelter, dispense medications, stock snacks and drinks.
- Final Laundry - Monday the 18th to wash all linens, towels, etc.
- Break down team - Break down shelter and load U-Haul.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: