AAG 2019 Conference Assistants
2019 AAG Annual Meeting
April 3-7, 2019
- September 2018: Conference Assistant sign-up opens
- February 1, 2019: Conference Assistant sign-up closes
- Mid February 2019: Individuals on the Conference Assistant waiting list are contacted with available open shifts
- Mid March 2019: Conference Assistants will be contacted via email with final Conference Assistant schedule
- April 3-7, 2019: The 2019 AAG Annual Meeting in Washington, DC!
You can increase your odds of getting a shift you want by:
- Signing-up for available shifts early.
- Checking back regularly to see if any new shifts have been added.
- Having a flexible schedule.
Please note that your shifts can not exceed 10 hours for the entire conference.
The AAG Conference Assistant program is very popular. Unfortunately not everyone who wants a shift, will receive a shift. Once the schedule is filled up, names will be added to the Conference Assistant waiting list. Individuals on the waiting list will be contacted by email regarding their status in mid February. Please check your spam filter settings.
All Conference Assistant shifts are subject to change due to conference additions and cancellations. We appreciate your flexibility.
Shifts are available for sign-up until February 1, 2019.
- AAG Booth Attendant - Assist an AAG staff member in the AAG booth next to Registration.
- Conference Bag Assistant - Assist with the distribution of conference bags for attendees.
- Conference Bag Stuffing - You will be inserting materials into the conference bags that are provided to all conference attendees.
- Directional Assistant – Help attendees find their way around the meeting space. You will receive maps and a clipboard with an informational sign on it so attendees know who you are. You will be standing for the majority of your shift. Please be ready to assist any attendees who have mobility issues and/or appear to need help. This may include elderly attendees, those in wheel chairs or on crutches, or those who are vision impaired. You may be asked to help attendees between hotels, so you should be prepared to go outside if necessary.
- Jobs & Careers Center Monitor - Assist with handing out job and career-related materials in the Jobs & Career Center.
- Poster Attendant - Assist Poster Presenters find their poster numbers and poster locations in the AAG Exhibit Hall.
- Registration Assistant - Assist with the distribution of registration materials for the attendees.
- Session Area Monitor – You will be assigned a block of 2 – 10 rooms to monitor. At the time you check in, you will be given a map of each area so you know which rooms you will be responsible for. Check each room to ensure that audio visual equipment is working properly and that the moderator has an instruction sheet and timer cards. You are responsible for monitoring the rooms in your area.
- Information Desk Assistant/Conference Desk Assistant- You will be assisting attendees with inquires about the AAG App along with serving as an information desk assistant (information will be provided).
Conference Assistants MUST register for the 2018 AAG Annual Meeting and are responsible for their registration costs. Conference Assistants will receive reimbursement for their hours worked at the close of their final shift. Conference Assistants will need to see the AAG Conference Assistant Coordinator, directly after their final shift, to receive a reimbursement. Only signed vouchers will be approved for reimbursement.
Conference Assistants will be reimbursed for hours worked by cash, credit card or check in US funds. Registration fees are not refunded
All Conference Assistant timesheets must be completed and returned to the Conference Assistant Coordinator by June 1st.
AAG is committed to making this opportunity successful for everyone who is eligible to participate in assisting at the Annual Meeting. Eligibility to be an assistant is based on student status or if you are an under employed geographer.
If you need disability assistance to work at the AAG meeting, please contact [email protected] for more information.
Please email [email protected]
|| AAG Conference Assistant Coordinator