Fort McMurray's Oilsands Rotary Music Festival is, once again, in full swing for our 2019 season! In order to continue to offer these wonderful opportunities for the youth of our Community, we rely heavily on the generousity of our volunteers. If you are able to assist in any way, please sign up below. Please review the responsibilities/requirements before signing up. Thank you in advance!
ORMF Volunteer Coodinator
***Note: Parents and Teachers should NOT sign up for Adjudicator's Assistant for any discipline (ie. all of Choral Singing) in which your child(ren) or students are participants, to avoid a perception of conflict of interest.
- Responsible for picking up and/or dropping off the Adjudicator at their hotel, before the 1st session, or after the last session of the day.
- May be needed to bring the Adjudicator to eat lunch/supper, or pick something up. **If you join the adjudicator to eat, your meal will be reimbursed. Please keep receipts and place in the cash box, with a note.
- Retrieve the poetry books from the Ticket Taker's table, prior to each session.
- Ensure that the adjudicator's comment sheets are inserted into the correct page of each scheduled peformer's book (and in the proper order, as per the schedule)
- Address the audience members to introduce the Adjudicator and review any housekeeping items (there is a script provided)
- Give the adjudicator the necessary book and comment sheet prior to introducing each new class, and calling the next performer.
- Sit and listen quietly while a performer is on stage.
- Wait for the Adjudicator to write their comments and designate a mark for each performer. (You may want to bring a book to read)
- Once a mark is assigned, check which sticker seal is necessary to place on the performer's certificate/comment sheet (reference provided). Ensure the seal is placed right-side-up.
- Write ONLY the first letter of the awarded seal colour (ie. G-Gold, P- Platinum, etc) before the performer's name, on the Assistant's program.
- If a Platinum mark is assigned, a pin is also given to the Adjudicator to give to the participant.
- After each class or section, the Adjudicator will address the performers as a group, to pass back their books and comment sheets. Please ask performers to sit in the front row for convenience. When the Adjudicator is making their way down to the front, please lead the audience in applause to welcome the Adjudicator.
- Retrieve the materials from the Ticket Taker for the next session.
Ticket Taker Duties:
- Set up the table (if not already done for you), with the music note table cloth and any signs that are provided.
- Sit at the table to accept each performer's materials necessary for their performance (ie. Poetry book). Using the sticky notes provided, write the performer's name, class number and the selection's name, and mark the page in the book. Ensure the information can clearly be seen poking out of the book.
- Check off each performer's name on the master schedule, as they arrive.
- Give all materials to the Adjudicator's Assistant for each session (they will come and get it from you), in order of the performances.
- Sell entrance tickets to all adults (ages 18-64) wishing to watch the performances. Children and Seniors are free. They may wish to purchase a Day pass or a Season's pass (see poster provided for rates)
- Check that every person has a ticket (daily or season) prior to entering the venue.
- Sell raffle tickets for $2 each, or randomized booklets of 5 for $10. Prizes are listed on the tickets.
- All money can be kept in the cash box. **Never leave the cash box unattended.
Holy Trinity- SECPA Theatre
|| ORMF Volunteer Coordinator