Intro to Nose Work
During this class, we will be building upon the first set of classes. We will be searching outside and searching vehicles for food only for the NW 2 dogs and food/odor for the NW 4 dogs. Youmust t have attended Intro to Nose Work Session 1or 3 or similar (or permission by Jacy or Betsy).
Dogs can be crated inside (must be able to be crated alone), or in you vehicle. Your dog will need to remain in the vehicle or inside in a crate (unless you need to potty your dog) in between runs. If you dog is in your vehicle, please make sure there is ventilation for your dog. Do not assume because it is cooler that the windows do not need to be down at all. Airflow is a good thing!
Nose Work is a scent based activity that our dog will love.
- Dogs easily burn lots of mental & physical energy doing searches
- Searches can be done anywhere you can take your dog
- No prior training is required and no obedience is needed
- In classes, dogs work one at a time and rest crated or safely in a vehicle between searches so reactive dogs can enjoy the activity, too
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy into fun searches
- Stronger bond between dog & handler as handler learns to observe, understand, and rely upon his dog
Cost of the Class: $200
Canine Copilots, 12966 Augustus Ct, Woodbridge VA 22192 or through PayPal to [email protected]
Location: Veterinary Wholistic Center-7950 Woodruff Ct, North Springfield VA, 22151
When: Will be 1:00- 1:45. Begins Saturday February 23, 2019. There will be NO CLASS Saturday March 23, 2019. The last class will be Saturday April 6, 2019.
Questions? - [email protected]
1:00pm - 1:45pm EST
Veterinary Holistic Center - 7950 Woodruff Ct, North Springfield VA, 22151