Betsy's Foundation Classes
Introduction to Odor - NW3
This class is very similar to Introduction to Nose Work. You must have completed NW 1 & 2 or have permission of the instructor. However, now we will be pairing the odor with food. As the dog searches for the food and gets to "source" and they are eating the food; they will be associating it with the odor (birch). This is classical conditioning in the training world and a very positive way to train dogs.
K9 Nose Work is a scent based activity that our dog will love.
- Dogs easily burn lots of mental & physical energy doing searches
- Searches can be done anywhere you can take your dog
- No prior training is required and no obedience is needed
- In classes, dogs work one at a time and rest crated or safely in a vehicle between searches so reactive dogs can enjoy the activity, too
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy into fun searches
- Stronger bond between dog & handler as handler learns to observe, understand, and rely upon his dog
- All dogs can do it - even those with disabilities.
WE HAVE ADDED AN INTAKE FORM, IF YOU HAVE NOT YET FILLED IT OUT, PLEASE DO SO:
Cost of the Class: $200 for 6 weeks
Payment - PayPal to [email protected], or bring cash/check to first class.
Location: Veterinary Wholistic Center-7950 Woodruff Ct, North Springfield VA, 2215. Use the entrance on the right - it is a seperate entrance to the training room.
Instructor: Betsy Davies, Certified Nose Work Instructor
When: Saturdays beginning Saturday January 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8, and 22. There will be no class Saturday February 15 secondary to the President's Day Weekend.
Questions? - [email protected] or [email protected]
Time: 2:00 - 2:45 PM
What Else? Please read the attached file below on structure/rules/what to bring and print out the training agreement, sign in and bring it to the first class. You MUST also upload a copy of your dog's rabies vaccination or titers onto the intake form, bring to the first class, or you can send a copy to one of the emails above if you were not able to upload to the intake form.
FOR THIS CLASS YOU SHOULD BRING A BAIT/TREAT BAG, AS YOU WILL HAVE TO BEGIN GIVING YOUR DOGS TREATS YOURSELF DURING THIS CLASS!
Date: 01/11/2020 (Sat.)
Time: 2:00 - 2:45 PM
Location: VHC Training Room
2:00pm - 2:45pm EST
VHC Training Room - Betsy