Cornerstone Christian Church
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID eMAIL ADDRESS TO SIGN UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT. By signing up for an appointment, you verify that you have read all information and agree to the requirements needed for your appointment. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE (1) SLOT. One time slot will allow us to complete one federal and related state return(s).
FREE income tax assistance will be offered at Cornerstone Christian Church on Saturdays for the 2019 TAX YEAR ONLY on a limited basis beginning Feb. 1 - April 11, 2020. Appointments, available at 9:00, 9:45, 10:30, and 11:15 am CST, are preferred but not required.
**NOTE** - There is no guarantee of availability for those without an appointment.
Please read this in its entirety, as some information has changed from previous years.
Services include preparing and e-Filing your 2019 federal tax return, and some state tax returns. We will NOT prepare:
- Tax returns for paper filing
- Returns which include
- Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business
Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040), Net Profit From Business
Schedule D (Form 1040), Capital Gains and Losses
Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss
Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Farming
Schedule H (Form 1040), Household Employment Taxes
Schedule J (Form 1040), Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen
Schedule SE (Form 1040), Self-Employment Tax
Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Form 3903, Moving Expenses
Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
Form 4952, Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals
Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
Any return unless ALL required documentation is available, printed and present.
Amended returns for a return that we previously prepared that the taxpayer did not present all required paperwork when originally filed.
Items You MUST Bring With You to Your Appointment
To have your tax return(s) prepared at this VITA site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – State issued, valid Photo ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or (NO OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS will be accepted)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents included on the tax return
- ALL Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from ALL employers and sources of income
- ALL Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provided and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) and complete address
- Both spouses must be present to file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, to sign the required forms. (ONLY ONE appointment slot needs to be selected for filing a joint return.)
- If Illinois property tax credit is being claimed, your county and Parcel ID (Can be found on your property tax statement or by contacting your county records department)
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
You MUST have all required documents with you.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled time, and complete required Form 13614-C and bring with you to your scheduled appointment.
If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee our services for that particular day. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email WITHIN 48 hours of your scheduled appointment, please contact Christa Miller. (NOTE: This means that you should receive an email within two days of your scheduled appointment, NOT BEFORE THAT TIME.)
Visit MCTCfreetax.org for more locations and dates, or IRS.gov to check the status of your refund or see if you qualify for FREE File, a service to file your taxes online for free.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID eMAIL ADDRESS TO SIGN UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT. By signing up for an appointment, you verify that you have read all information and agree to the requirements needed for your appointment. PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE (1) SLOT FOR EACH TAX RETURN WHEN SIGNING UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT. One time slot will allow us to complete one federal and related state return(s).
Cornerstone Christian Church
Green Mt Crossing Dr, Shiloh, IL 62269
|| Christa Miller