Psychology Prospective Student Meeting
UIUC students interested in learning more about the Psychology major and/or minor. Psychology advisor facilitates the 45 minute meeting.
How/When Can I Declare the Psychology Major?
- No Informational Meeting is needed to declare the major
- Students must earn credit for an introductory psychology course (PSYC 100 or equivalent), a course in social, clinical or developmental psychology (PSYC 207, 201, 216, 238, 239, 245, 250, or equivalent), and a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign biological/cognitive psychology course (PSYC 204, 210, 220, 224, 230, or 248).
- LAS students may request curricular changes at two times each semester: at the beginning of each semester or at mid-semester. If you are ready to change your major within LAS, complete the Curriculum Change Form during the posted application period.
- Non-LAS students must follow intercollegiate transfer or second-degree application procedures.
How/When Can I Declare the Psychology Minor?
- No Informational Meeting is needed to declare the minor
- The Psychology minor can be declared any day of the semester. Fill out the Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor form; get the stamp approval from the Psychology Advising Office, Room 12, Psychology Building; and take the form to your college office.
Still Want to Attend an Informational Meeting?
Learn More About Departmental Opportunities