St. Andrew By the Bay Catholic Church
Why be an Altar Server?
- You get to learn why we do everything in the Mass.
- Getting involved in the Mass helps you get more out of the Mass.
- You get to make new friends.
- You learn life skills, like teamwork, attentiveness, punctuality, commitment, self-confidence, and communication.
- You get to know your community better.
- Serving gives you a better appreciation of and for the priesthood, and a better relationship with God.
Altar Serving is a meaningful way to contribute to the liturgical celebration by assisting the priest and deacon at Mass. We are always in need of altar servers. If you are in 4th Grade or above, and/or feel you have the maturity to carry out this important role, then we need you! Middle and high schoolers are strongly encouraged to participate, and serve as a role model for their younger colleagues. Altar serving hours can also count towards community service requirements, such as for the Honor Society, Confirmation, graduation, scouting, etc.
Hands-on training is held on a quarterly basis at the Church. Sessions are approximately an hour and a half long, and will cover the parts of Mass, touring the Sacristy Room, and scheduling protocol. REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED by signing up for a session below, in order to ensure adequate materials and preparation.
To sign up, select a session below and provide parent/guardian's name, child/children's name(s), and contact information. SignUp Genius will send an email reminder notification 4 days before your scheduled session. If you are unable to attend a session for which you already signed up, please promptly either adjust your signup entry or notify Shelly Reid at 410-960-5148 (call or text).