Walker Elementary Running Club
The PTO is offering a new and fun way to volunteer during your child(ren)'s school day! The Walker Lunchtime Running Club is is a PTO lead activity which offers all 1st-5th graders the opportunity to run/walk laps during Wednesday lunchtime recess in the Fall and Spring. Parent volunteers will help track each child's lap completed around the baseball field and for every mile completed the participant will receive a colorful toe token to attach to a key chain.
In order to successfully run this club, we need parent volunteers to oversee and run the program for the entire lunch period (11:15-12:10). Tasks include:
- Signing in at the front office and getting the supplies, including: punch card lanyards, hole punchers and cones.
- Setting up cones for lap perimeters.
- Handing out punch card lanyards to student participants.
- Punching cards in order to track student’s laps.
- Handing out toe tokens once a student completes a full mile.
- Collecting punch card lanyards from students at the end of recess and gathering cones and returning items back to the front office.
Walker Baseball Field